There have been increasing requests for a gluten free recipes. Here is one from NourishingFlourishing.com
2 1/2 C. blanched almond flour
2 Tb. arrowroot powder (if you don’t have it, sub some coconut flour, chickpea flour, or extra almond flour)
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 ethically sourced egg (I plan to try a vegan version soon — don’t worry! I just need to get some chia)
1/4 c. agave or honey
1 t. apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
1 Tb. vanilla
1/2 t. almond extract (optional)
1/4 – 1/2 C. frozen blueberries (fresh should work fine too — just keep your hands wet while working with the dough. If you want a less soft/moist scone, use dried blueberries.)
1) Mix dry ingredients.
2) Mix wet ingredients. Add wet to dry.
3) Add blueberries, and gently combine.
4) With wet hands, shape dough into a ball and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
5) Flatten to about 3/4″ thickness, and slice into 8 pieces, like a pizza.
6) Using a flat, thin spatula, carefully separate pieces so they will have room to bake.
7) If desired, use an egg wash on top for a crisp top texture (whisk an egg and apply a very thin layer on tops of scones).
8 ) Place in 350* oven for about 15 minutes, removing when edges and tops start to brown. Let cool for an hour at least.
Tea Party Girl asks: What do you think?