Need a new Christmas tea party idea? Here are my top 7 favorite Christmas tea party concepts. Read them, pick one and then DO IT! We would love to see photos so be ready to share them with our readers.
Tea and Trimmings
The Tea and Trimmings theme is designed for your immediate family and/ or close friends. Tea and Trimmings sets the stage for your holiday celebration to begin.
Concept: Family, decorate house, fill house with music and tea.
- Send invites to family whether it is in the mail or under the door
- Trimming the tree- could include finding, cutting or buying or ornament decorating
- Tell story of Christmas or Holiday traditions over a 3 course meal.
- Stringing popcorn or making a paper chain.
- Give a special holiday ornament to remember your day.
A Solace Tea is the perfect juncture between Christmas and New Years. This theme is designed as a solitary tea or a tea for one or two close friends or your spouse. A Solace Tea is a tea of reflection and new beginnings.
Concept: Meditation, reflection, goals re-visited.
- Perfect for quiet evening or afternoon-find a special place in home
- Set table for 1 of 2 –candles, beautiful items rarely used, fireplace, set mood.
- Small gift for guest and yourself for Christmas 2011
- Spend time journaling, praying, talking heart to heart-Book of Questions
- Bring the tea to elderly friend or new mom- pack tea basket.
Open House Tea
An Open House Tea is the perfect way to enjoy your friends during a season of busy schedules.
Concept: Drop in 11-5 or 2-7. 3 courses-substantial. Come in from the holiday shopping. Only 10-30 members.
- Give special Xmas card to guests. Personal message.
- Conversation cards- draw one from a stocking: My Christmas Wish, In 2012 I hope to …..
- Decorate living room with pillows as packages- baskets of fruit with ribbons
- Picture of guest with you by the tree- put on a card holder
- Fill coffee table with food or entrance table
Victorian Christmas Card Tea
Start a new holiday tradition with a Victorian Christmas Card Tea. Enjoy your friends and accomplish a task at the same time!
- Decorate dining chairs with ribbons, bows, organza, veiling
- Fill table with supplies
- Provide cards and stamps? Guests bring 15 addresses
- Can be a pot luck tea party
- Buffet is best- Christmas boxes for levels.
The Gift of Tea
Forget about the cookie exchange or white elephant gifts! Start a tea cup trade! Your friends will look forward to it each and every year!
Concept: 1 ½ hour tops. Can be dessert only.
- Bring a teacup wrapped
- Conversation cards relating to holidays and holiday traditions, goals, memories
- Plan and extra cup or two just in case
- Draw numbers to choose packages
- Have giver tell story of cup. Write on a card and pass out to recipient.
A Twinkling Tea is a perfect way to celebrate New Years or Christmas Eve in style. A Twinkling Tea combines the formality of afternoon tea with the sights and sounds of the holidays.
- Dress Up – Hold at table or living room
- Candlelight, twinkle lights and dim lights
- 4 tea sandwiches, scone, holiday breads, mini desserts (tarts,etc.)
- Sparkling cider and champagne?? Toasts to the future and past
- Conversation and games – Traditional parlor games?? OR Trivia Pursuit past 20