Need a new Christmas tea party idea? Here are my top 7 favorite Christmas tea party concepts. Read them, pick one and then DO IT! We would love to see photos so be ready to share them with our readers. 🙂
Tea and Trimmings
The Tea and Trimmings theme is designed for your immediate family and/ or close friends. Tea and Trimmings sets the stage for your holiday celebration to begin.
Concept: Family, decorate house, fill house with music and tea.
- Send invites to family whether it is in the mail or under the door
- Trimming the tree- could include finding, cutting or buying or ornament decorating
- Tell story of Christmas or Holiday traditions over a 3 course meal.
- Stringing popcorn or making a paper chain.
- Give a special holiday ornament to remember your day.
A Solace Tea is the perfect juncture between Christmas and New Years. This theme is designed as a solitary tea or a tea for one or two close friends or your spouse. A Solace Tea is a tea of reflection and new beginnings.
Concept: Meditation, reflection, goals re-visited.
- Perfect for quiet evening or afternoon-find a special place in home
- Set table for 1 of 2 –candles, beautiful items rarely used, fireplace, set mood.
- Small gift for guest and yourself for Christmas 2011
- Spend time journaling, praying, talking heart to heart-Book of Questions
- Bring the tea to elderly friend or new mom- pack tea basket.
Open House Tea
An Open House Tea is the perfect way to enjoy your friends during a season of busy schedules.
Concept: Drop in 11-5 or 2-7. 3 courses-substantial. Come in from the holiday shopping. Only 10-30 members.
- Give special Xmas card to guests. Personal message.
- Conversation cards- draw one from a stocking: My Christmas Wish, In 2012 I hope to …..
- Decorate living room with pillows as packages- baskets of fruit with ribbons
- Picture of guest with you by the tree- put on a card holder
- Fill coffee table with food or entrance table
Victorian Christmas Card Tea
Start a new holiday tradition with a Victorian Christmas Card Tea. Enjoy your friends and accomplish a task at the same time!
- Decorate dining chairs with ribbons, bows, organza, veiling
- Fill table with supplies
- Provide cards and stamps? Guests bring 15 addresses
- Can be a pot luck tea party
- Buffet is best- Christmas boxes for levels.
The Gift of Tea
Forget about the cookie exchange or white elephant gifts! Start a tea cup trade! Your friends will look forward to it each and every year!
Concept: 1 ½ hour tops. Can be dessert only.
- Bring a teacup wrapped
- Conversation cards relating to holidays and holiday traditions, goals, memories
- Plan and extra cup or two just in case
- Draw numbers to choose packages
- Have giver tell story of cup. Write on a card and pass out to recipient.
A Twinkling Tea is a perfect way to celebrate New Years or Christmas Eve in style. A Twinkling Tea combines the formality of afternoon tea with the sights and sounds of the holidays.
- Dress Up – Hold at table or living room
- Candlelight, twinkle lights and dim lights
- 4 tea sandwiches, scone, holiday breads, mini desserts (tarts,etc.)
- Sparkling cider and champagne?? Toasts to the future and past
- Conversation and games – Traditional parlor games?? OR Trivia Pursuit past 20